Friday 29 July 2016

This week Room 6 has learnt about the Olympics:

  • Liam and I have learnt about Mountain Biking and it was first introduced to the Olympics in 1996. By Degan.
  • I learnt about Rowing. I found out it was introduced into the Olympics in 1828. I also found out that New Zealand are really good at it and that we have won lots of medals. We have won 21 medals in singles since 1920. By Jack.
  • Me and Kaira learnt about Basketball. It was first introduced in Berlin. New Zealand has never won a medal for Basketball but I hope they do this year. By Briar.
  • Elan and I learnt about Archery. Archery was first put in the Olympics in 1900. In Archery you have to try and hit the target with an arrow. By Amber.
  • Micaela and I learnt about Soccer and that it was introduced to the Olympics in the 1900's and New Zealand has never won a medal in Soccer. By Tristan.
  • Me and Ollie learnt about Boxing. It was first introduced to the Olympics in 1904. Nicola Adams from England won a gold medal in the 2012 summer Olympics. By Chris.


No comments:

Post a Comment